The goal of therapy is to reduce pain and restore joint function / improve joint function close to normal. Among them are:
- Proper exercise (stretching and strengthening) can help maintain healthy cartilage thus improving joint movement and strength of the muscles around it.
- Use a hard backrest, seat / bed covered with boards.
- Physiotherapy by heating.
- Massage and traction as well as heating if symptoms occur on the neck.
- Losing weight helps to reduce pain
- Drugs are not the primary treatment of this disease. Only drug used to relieve symptoms. The drugs used were from the class of NSAIDs such as acetaminophenum, ibuprofen or aspirin. When the symptoms are very disturbing corticosteroids can be injected directly in the joints
The results of treatment and recovery time can be different each person. This is caused by the severity of the osteoarthritis. therefore, find the most suitable treatment for you. Do not forget to consult a doctor who is an expert to deal with osteoarthritis.