Safely and effectively prescribe today’s full spectrum of topical, intralesional, and systemic drugs for dermatologic disorders! Dr. Steven E. Wolverton and a team of leading international experts explain what drugs to use, when to use them…and what to watch out for. Handheld software – included with the book – provides full-text explanations as well as at-a-glance summaries of key pharmacologic information, instantly accessible wherever and whenever questions about skin pharmaceuticals arise. And, downloadable updates ensure you’re always providing your patients with the most up to date drug treatments available.
- Provides at-a-glance access to key information including summaries of indications/contraindications, dosage guidelines, drug interactions, drug monitoring guidelines, adverse effects, and treatment protocols.
- Features a consistent organization throughout to expedite fast reference.
- Provides purchase information for major drugs, to help you and your patients.
- Includes a highly detailed, disease-specific index, helping you to evaluate drug options for each disease discussed.
- Coverage you trust and use every day is now portable! The new BONUS software has a formulary that shows information boxes from the book, as well as the new question and answer section of the book, right on your PDA!
- Synch your PDA and receive regular drug updates so you’re never prescribing outdated or incorrect treatment protocols.
- Highlights key controversies and provides expert guidance in a Question and Answer feature.
- Presents new chapters on TNF Inhibitors, Signal II Cytokine Inhibitors, Pimicrolimus, IV Immunoglobulin, Drug-Induced Malignancies, Polymorphisms, and non-dermatologic drugs related to dermatologic problems.
- Features updates on new drug findings and new research, especially findings on predicting an individual response to drugs on the basis of ethnicity and gender.