topmedicaljournals.com – Causes of HIV AIDS
AIDS is not like any other common disease. It is not caused because of any deficiency in the body. It is occurred when external agent, in this case is HIV, is contracting human body. Most of the time it is transmitted trough direct contact of body fluid, which is blood and sex fluid, with the affected person while tears and saliva exchange might not be as harmful.
The Human Immunodeficiency Virus attack human immune system and the standard level of defense are eliminated, as a result, the body losses its capability to prevent itself from bacteria, fungi and viruses that cause serious infections. Until today, there is no medicine to cure or vaccine for HIV/AIDS, and it is eventually fatal. The only treatment is to inhibit HIV to grow, improve patient quality of life or delay the onset of some serious complications; it could last for several years. The most likely treatment is by prophylactic that needs to begin within 72 hours after exposure to HIV/AIDS. This treatment can prevent the development of HIV/AIDS.
Proper information regarding causes of HIV AIDS should be learned for each and every single person to improve awareness of this sexual transmitted disease. All of society elements should support the government campaign to spread the right information about this disease.
There are several causes of HIV AIDS; the following are the main causes of HIV infection:
- HIV/AIDS is most often transmitted through sexual activity
- This disease can be transmitted from a mother to her baby during pregnancy.
- HIV can also be contracted by contact with blood or bodily fluids. Most often, it is happen during blood transfusions. However, in recent years, these cases are rare, because today, the donor is tested for HIV, and mostly it is used disposable syringe.
- Sharing needles with an infected person.
- In a rare case, organ transplanting from an infected individual also can cause HIV
From the list above, we now can take a precautious action to protect ourselves from being infected. Once the HIV is inside our body, it splits attacking the CD4 cells that normally have the function to fight against infection. HIV then create replicas of itself by utilizing the natural inherent matter of human body. In three to six months, the level of CD4 cells is increasing. That is way HIV test is carried it on this period by screening the CD4 level. Later, the virus would lower the number of the CD4 cells to very low and then the body stop its immune system.
Knowing the causes of HIV AIDS should bring us awareness about this disease and prevent all activities that may lead from being passed. Here, are several activities that prevent you from being a high risk individual:
- Perform sexual activity only within a mutually monogamous relationship partner
- Take periodic test and routine medical care
- Avoid sharing needles with others
- Using latex condoms while doing sexual activity